All Massage Practitioners are required to abide by their Professional Association’s Code of Practice.
You can download an electronic version of the Code here.
Members are also required to adhere to the following Code of Ethics:
As a member of a Professional Massage or Natural Therapies Association, I commit myself to the highest standards of practice.
- care for the health, wellbeing and comfort of my clients with the utmost skill appropriate to my current qualifications
- respect the privacy, modesty and dignity of my clients and maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- respect the beliefs, rights and values of my clients
- protect the confidentiality of my clients’ personal information
- refer clients to an appropriate therapist if their needs are outside my scope of practice and training
- respect my fellow therapists in all disciplines
- commit myself to continuing professional development, sharing technical skills and raising professional standards
- endeavour to enhance the reputation of the massage therapy profession
- support the Association of Massage Therapists in all its ideals, principles, codes and standards
- refrain from conduct that adversely affects the reputation of the Association of Massage Therapists or the massage profession
- comply with the Associations Code of Practice and all applicable State, Territory and Federal laws